In a Jar: Healthy 2 Minute Noodles (GF, Vegan Options)

 My kitchen is full of mason jars; old ones, new ones, big ones and small ones. I use them all the time - for drinks, storage but mostly for packed lunches and breakfasts. Being a young professional with a lot on my plate I am always hopping from one thing to the other but its a real priority for me to stay healthy. Over the next little while I'll be sharing with you my favourite quick and convenient packed lunches and breakfasts, perfect for keeping nourished on the go.

While in Christchurch I discovered Rachel Khoo's fun and creative cooking show. I loved her quirky style and creative cooking and was inspired by some of her quick lunches. These 2 minute noodlesare packed with clean and fresh South East Asian flavors and take a couple of minutes to prep and then all you need to do is add water.


Ingredients:

1 Medium-Large jar
40-50 grams dry brown or white rice vermicelli
Large Handful Shiitaki Mushrooms
1-2 Large Handfuls of Mung Bean Sprouts
1/2 Cube Low Sodium, Gluten Free Vegetable Stock (or a frozen stock cube)
Liberal amounts of Spring Onions, Coriander, Mint and Thai Basil
Mild Red Chilli
Clove of Garlic, Diced

Protein: 

Thinly Sliced Smoked Tofu (vegan), Hard Boiled Egg (vegetarian), Left-over Roast or Poached Chicken

Instructions:

Dice the spring onions and chilli and place them, along with the bean sprouts, garlic and mushrooms and stock at the bottom of your jar. Add vermicelli and top with herbs and protein. When you are ready to have you soup simply fill the jar up with boiling water and cover with the lid for 2 minutes. Mix and enjoy!




No comments :

Post a Comment